Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 31, 2011

I wonder.....

This Sunday morning I saw a middle-aged couple in their balcony. The man was sitting reading the paper while his wife coloured his hair. Their retriever was watching the whole process too. Would this man do the same for his wife? I wonder....

I observed the pigeons that live in the nooks of apartment blocks all around us. They sure are lovey-dovey couples! But it’s the doves that symbolise love and peace not the gawky pigeon. I wonder why....

I just don’t like Sundays....but I look forward to Mondays. I’m not in a regular job, so I wonder why week days or weekends should make any difference....

My maid loves Hindi soaps. She goes all googly eyes and flapping ears if one is playing on the TV. But I don’t like them one bit, yet I switch on a particular soap....Now why do I do that, I wonder.....

Tell me to fill a form, any form and I get an anxiety attack. I’ve filled N number of forms; just filled two recently, but the stress stays. I wonder why...

I’m terrified of lizards. I don’t recall any frightening incident concerning them, or any such thing, but I even get nightmares with lizards in them at times....makes me wonder why.....

I love to sing in the kitchen, while I’m engrossed with cooking....one hears of bathroom singers I wonder why no one mentions kitchen singers....

I rarely feel lonely when I’m alone, most of my loneliest moments have been those when I had people around me. Wonder why....

I was with a group of teachers (women) recently and they were all talking at the same time. All of a sudden one looked at 'quiet' me and said apologetically, “We’re teachers you know we can’t stay quiet for long and neither can we sit still for long. It’s the bane of the job.”
I replied I’ve taught for over twenty-two years, I’ve never suffered the “bane of the job,” I wonder why......”

I go out for meals alone, I shop alone, I travel alone, I live alone but I can’t watch a movie alone in a cinema hall....I keep wondering why...

When people ask me what I do the whole day at home....I start to wonder....!

I’ve been walking religiously for half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening, and I’m beginning to wonder if the lard’s gonna melt away.....(don’t even suggest that I walk longer. My condition limits me to this time at present !)

There are moments when words seem inadequate so I employ tears....I’m moved to tears with joy, I’m moved to tears by anger, I’m moved to tears by beautiful music or poetry, I cry when someone I know cries, my eyes get wet reading sad stories, tears flow when I laugh. Why do my tears have to speak when I’m pretty articulate? I wonder....

During the day I rarely miss company, but come evening, especially my evening tea...and I would love to have good company. I do wonder about these evening blues....

I needed some passport snaps, which meant I’d have to go to the photographer, which also meant I’d have to call for a cab, which meant I’d have to pay more for the cab than for ten copies of my PP pictures. On the advice of someone, I went to a small photo shop called Light Of Life (LOL) in the market near my place. I paid the advance and returned home quite thrilled that I had saved money. When I went to pick up the pictures, the shop wasn’t there. They had shut down overnight and vamoosed! Well, LOL...wonder why I'm laughing out loud....

I used to have an elephant’s memory before...now I just have the body...and there’s nothing to wonder about that... I’m actually smiling you know!! I’ve finally found something I don’t have to wonder about today and I can wrap up this piece and look forward to a great week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 comments:

  1. Hi Khushi
    I found this post very touching, funny and thought provoking. I wonder why I lick my lips whenever I squeeze a wet cloth. I wonder why I feel down when life is great and I should feel the opposite. Why do I become anxious at times without reason. I wish I knew. I wish I could invite myself to tea...oops, sorry, I forgot that I'm not that good company at the end of a day. I tend not to think straight and quite often read the same sentence of a book several times without anything registering. I wonder why?

    Have a great week, Khushi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE and relate to once having an elephant's memory and now just having the body Clever. I wonder if the man was actually indulging his wife by letting her color his hair? I know there are a lot of things I'd do to make my hubby look better if he'd put up with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to smile while reading this post. My mind works this way too sometimes. Thanks for sharing. :) I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken,
    I relate to the "reading a sentence several times" :)) Oh, you do have a sense of humour...I'm sure it would be enjoyable to have tea with you...:))

    DHH,
    You do have a point there...don't we love doing things for our men, just as they like to indulge us sometimes...

    Karen,
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Khushi! found your blog through my blogosphere travels, and I am really enjoying your writing style and flowing thoughts :) "I rarely feel lonely, when I am alone" - is a statement I can relate to. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi SprigBlossoms,
    Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog. I will be dropping by your blog today.

    ReplyDelete