Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Princess has arrived




The Princess Alyssa Joy has arrived. It was a long vigil through the night, but it was worth more than every wink of sleep we missed. How blessed she has made me feel....I need to rephrase that...how blessed she has made all of us feel.


I wonder at the joy I feel as a grandparent. The multiple roles I've played in life have extended to include this new one. The best by far. I mull over this new-found feeling of joy. I realise that happiness too can be qualified. I've been ecstatic before....I've had experiences that made me exclaim that I've never been that happy before.....But this one beats all those. It's joyous beyond measure; it's uplifting and exuberant; it opens a door to a place I know nothing of.


There's this love that holds a bit of apprehension too...Do I have all that goes into making a good "grammy?" I had no doubts about being a great mom; never wondered if my kids would love me...I just believed in me. Well, taking a cue from that I'll begin to believe I'm the best grammy she's going to have...LOL. That feels much better already...Ha!


On another level I wonder at this satisfaction within....of seeing an extension of our life. How we long to live on through our children and future generations. Bliss! I'm walking on cloud nine right now...and want to revel in it a bit more...

.............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment